Series: Yuri Mekuru Hibi
Presentation Style: 4koma
Genres: yuri, rom-com, slice-of-life, seinen
Three Sentence Summary: Sayuri meets and falls for her senpai, Yoriko. However, while Yoriko initially seems to be a refined and graceful lady, she actually has no common sense whatsoever. Readers will both gush and laugh over the chaotic interactions between this lovestruck girl and her oddball senpai.
- Amusing gags; the series makes excellent use of the 4koma structure.
- Hand-holding, head-patting, sharing an umbrella under the rain, lap pillows – plenty of classic shiptease moments happens between Sayuri and Yoriko.
- Cute artstyle.
- Style of humor may be off-putting to some.
- While the two girls are physically intimate with one another, that’s all that happens. Their relationship essentially does not progress due to Yoriko’s lack of common sense. She could easily pass as a character from D-Frag.
- As a result, some may say the synopsis, which promises “a sweet and slightly dazzling love story,” is misleading.
Verdict: Pick Yuri Mekuru Hibi up if you’re looking to have a laugh. While Sayuri and Yoriko do demonstrate their strong feelings for one another through bold actions and words, their relationship will forever stay in limbo because they are the main characters in a satire of the yuri love story.