Well, the girls form a school club! Who woulda thunk?
(Spoilers in this review)
Hiromi and Tomoe check out school clubs as they’re required to join one due to school policy. They bump into the two girls who accompanied them during their bike ride (in last week’s episode), Natsumi and Fuyune. The four girls then head to a well-furnished clubroom since Fuyune’s grandmother, who happens to be the principal, asked Fuyune to meet her there.
The principal rambles about the past of the now-defunct Minami Kamakura Cycling Club. Fuyune decides to revive the bicycle club and, to her surprise, everyone is willing to join her. As a result, the club is formed and now has four members!
Thoughts on this Episode:
- I actually expected Hiromi to form the club. I guess it’s a bit silly in hindsight since she’s not really a leader type. Still, Fuyune and Hiromi are basically beginners to bicycling so this should be interesting.
- The show is rather slow, but at least they established the club by the end of this episode. I think. It’s pretty obvious that the blonde girl joins their club eventually, but does a club need at least four members or five members? Well, the principal would probably let them be a club even if they’re short a member since this was her club back in the day.
- Hiromi is a nincompoop. Of course bikes existed 40 years ago…
- Who would have thought that the principal was Fuyune’s grandmother?
- Will Natsumi spend more time in the Swimming Club or in the Bicyling Club? Probably the Bicylcing Club, right? She wasn’t content with how the pool was so small or how the scenery is always the same.
- I suppose Fuyune’s older sister got in an accident and can no longer walk. I’m actually rather intruiged about her. Her request for Fuyune to show her “a view you reached by traveling one step at a time by your own two feet” is rather deep.
tl;dr – the show is slow-paced but it’s getting there. This is just a typical SoL girls club show with pretty backgrounds so far. I’m rather interested in Fuyune’s older sister, but she’ll probably get minimal screentime so we’re stuck with these main characters that I don’t consider as interesting (read: a ditz, an unathletic glasses girl, a tomboyish athlete, and a ojou-sama with a soft side).