Oh, boy, a beach episode.
(Spoilers in this review)
The girls plan out a beach trip (after both Raphiel and Gabriel torment Satania for laughs) during summer break. Of course we don’t get to see the girls take their final exams because that’s boring stuff. Once they’re actually at the beach, however, Satania, Vigne, and Raphiel all have to try to convince Gabriel that the beach is actually fun.
The second half of the episode features Satania and Gabriel cramming (and copying off others) because they neglected their summer homework. Satania (and the audience) get to see how Vigne and Gabriel first met as Vigne reluctantly recalls her memories.
Thoughts On This Episode:
- For angels and demons who have never been to a human beach before, they were rather knowledgable about the fun activities us lowly humans enjoy at a beach!
- I don’t think the gags in this episode really established anything new. Satania remains the butt of most of the jokes, Raphiel continues to enjoy making Satania squirm, Gabriel has the same kind of “rivalry” relationship with Satania and Vigne gets along with everyone.
- But we did get to see pure and innocent Gabriel was before she played MMOs thanks to Vigne’s flashback. Quite jarring compared to how she is now, really.
- I’m actually glad seeing that they didn’t keep everything in chronological order. How many episodes would it have taken for Vigne and Gabriel to reach their current relationship if Gabriel DropOut started from the very beginning with no time-skips? Now we get to see the juicy bits (gags) which is supplemented with flashbacks when needed.
- I suppose we’ll eventually get to see Vigne’s reaction to “failen angel” Gabriel in some later episode which will be quite amusing, I have no doubt.
- tl;dr – this show is going nowhere in terms of plot. The gags in this episode feel much less inspired compared to the previous episodes, as well.