Another episode, another character introduced! Now our girls can buy bikes from the adult loli bicycle shop owner!
(Spoilers in this episode)
It turns out I was wrong. The ojou-sama wasn’t properly listening to the principal and was jumping to conclusions. The Bicycle Club is not being shut down after all! The principal elaborates that she’s granted the Bicycle Club provosional acceptance as a club, but they need to do actually accomplish something that demonstrates their merit as a club. Otherwise they’ll become just a circle and they will get shut down. The time limit is three months.
The owner of the bicycle shop, Cycle Flats, have returned from her trip to Taiwan and helps teach the girls about bikes. She then lets them try out all of the bikes. Everyone seems to have found (and purchased) bikes with which they like, but Hiromi, despite finding a bike she really likes, is too broke to buy it.
Shiki-sensei then shares a pamplet the principal handed her. Perhaps the girls can enter this race, win it, and then prove their merit as a club!
Thoughts on this episode:
- Short adults are a mainstay in anime.
- I thought that the principal was a little relentless with the three month deadline, but rules are rules. At least she gave them a bit of a helping hand by giving Shiki-sensei the bike race phamplet.
- Just like in Ami in Long Riders!, Hiromi can’t afford to buy her dream bike. That’s too bad. Perhaps she’ll start working a part-time job.
- The pacing in this show is slow but acceptable. It looks like they’ll be participating in the race next week.
- This series really teaches viewers a lot about bikes! The segment after the ED teaches us about changing out flat tires, yay.