Time for Kasumi to seduce Tae into joning the band!
(Spoilers in this review)
Long story short, Tae claims that not everyone can stand on top of Space’s stage. For starters, however, she wants Kasumi, Arisa, and Rimi to make her heart start racing. After a few days of practice (and with guitar tips from Tae), the girls manage to do a live performance of a song Rimi and her sister wrote together.The audience (Saaya; Rimi’s sister; Arisa’s grandma; and Aa-chan, Kasumi’s younger sister), alongside Tae and the other band members, felt their hearts racing after their performance. Guess she’ll be joining the band now!
Thoughts on this episode:
- Tae is a loner like Arisa, huh? Kasumi has great potential in recruiting girls who lack friends, it seems. But by golly do I like Tae a lot. She’s currently even beating out Saaya, who wields a holy ponytail.
- Turns out the owner of Space, the holy space of girls bands, was an awesome guitarist back in the day. The auditions she holds to determine who can stand on Space’s stage are to weed out the bands who lack passion, apparently.
- Arisa is a bit of a wet blanket. She first claimed that a live performance is impossible. After the girls secured a song to perform, she remarks that she never said that she would be playing at the live performance. At least she caved in almost immediately.
- Saaya is pretty weak to peer pressure, it seems, since she agrees to come to the performance after Tae and Kasumi asked her to. Ahhh a great ship would be, in my opinion, Tae x Saaya.
- Some unnamed girl seems upset to see Tae get along with Kasumi and the gang. I wonder what’s her deal.
- It turns out that Rimi’s sister is also the captain of the swim club and thus is a passing acquaintance of Aa-chan, Kasumi’s younger sister.
- Speaking of which, Aa-chan seems to have not told Rimi’s sister that she plans on not attending their highschool next year. Perhaps seeing her onee-chan chase after her dream like that will change Aa-chan’s mind. Aa-chan also saved the day and the performance by catching Kasumi’s guitar (the handmade bag broke!)
- It seems like it’s a trend for girls to claim pets as their boyfriends (Hifumi from New Game! did this, too) as seen by O-Tae calling her rabbit, Old-Eye, as such.
- Arisa’s grandma was grooving!
- This episode was a step in the right direction since both Tae and Kasumi kind of helped each other out so it doesn’t seem like Kasumi is just roping Tae in, I guess. I still ended up taking a lot of breaks watching this show since I wasn’t that engaged, so the episode took a long time to watch, wahaha.