Looks like Remy is doing blogger awards again~
I mean, it’s been over a year since I did this one, so I figured I might as well…
Well, the real reason is that I wanted to answer some of the more recent award nominations but I would feel bad if I skipped earlier nominations and all. So I decided to just answer the ones directed towards me from around the time I hit my second blog anniversary.
And it just so happens that rossiroad nominated me about…two months ago! Thank you for the nomination, rossiroad!
Unafraid of being bold when it comes to sharing personal opinions, rossiroad is also quite analytical and posts a large variety of content that will surely keep you entertained. If you have some spare time, you should drop by rossiroad’s blog!
’bout time I share the rules for this award nomination, huh?
The rules for this award are as follows:
– Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog
– Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
– Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Award Logo in your post
1. What is your attitude towards telling other people about your blog?
Hmmm. I’m not really afraid of telling people that my blog makes up a big portion of my spare time, but I do wonder if people judge me over that. I’m sure they do since I haven’t shared what I write. Ahhh, now I don’t want to tell anyone that I blog!
2. What is a really obscure anime/manga/thing that only you like and want other people to check out?
I am pretty sure there are other people like this series (I’m not completely alone!), but Tetsunaki no Kirinji is one of my favourite manga series. To be fair, however, it’s about mahjong and it seems like not that many understand how to play Japan’s favourite board game. I really need to do a “Japanese Mahjong for Dummies” guide / post soon.
3. Do you have any obsessions?
I’m a pretty big fan of umeboshi (pickled plums). Other than that… I’ll keep it to myself~
4. Do you have any fashion tips?
I think accessories are really cute and can make an outfit pop and / or come together. I’m not too ashamed to admit that I spent $80 on a scarf at Anime Expo… even though I live in California… my neck is going to be so warm during the wintertime, just you wait and see…
5. What’s your favourite activity to do in the real world? Watching anime doesn’t count.
Playing visual novels!
6. What is the most valuable thing you’ve lost?
Hmmm. I guess that depends on the definition of valuable. You talkin’ bout monetary value or sentimental value?
Uh, I felt bad when a talented Japanese artist on Twitter unfollowed me? I probably lost their interest when I stopped retweeting Aqours fanart 24/7.
7. What subject at school did/do you really hate?
Chemistry and biology were the worst for me. I was okay with physics since my math is alright. I think I should have gone for a more creative major in uni instead of Economics since my (written) language skills are my strong point, but hindsight is 20/20.
Then again, my tone is so wildly inconsistent that it’s actually hilarious.
8. Have you ever tried to learn Japanese for anime?
Tried is the important word here. And yes.
9. What’s the biggest amount of trouble you’ve ever gotten into? Also keep it light and don’t bring in your huge list of criminal records… (Joke because I don’t know all of you that well yet)
I had my first one-night stand with an older woman when I was visiting family in Taiwan. I didn’t tell my parents and asked my brother to tell them I was just meeting up with a friend from a video game I had stopped playing by then. Obviously they were upset since their son had basically disappeared in a foreign country for a few hours. Didn’t help that my lie was really bad and they easily saw through it.
10. What’s the worst thing happening in anime right now?
I see no reason to interact with his content so I’ll never truly know. But he comes across as being very off-putting.
…there’s a lot of other things that piss me off, but I’ll keep that to myself.
11. Whats the best thing happening in anime right now?
Oh, no, this is the hardest part. The part where I need to make up 11 questions to impose on others…!
… um… well, rules are meant to be broken. I’m tapping out here because I’m drafting this at 4 a.m. Hmmm I guess I’ll make this go live at 6 a.m…?
That also means there will be no nominations coming from yours truly. That might be for the better considering how long this nomination cycle might go on for otherwise.
Hopefully this wasn’t too boring to read.